My Emoji Photo in Christine Dovey's Playroom

May 10, 2017



It's reveal day for The One Room Challenge!!  Oh you know, just one of the funnest days in blogland if you like interior design.  If you don't know about I'm talking about, here is the rundown-  Linda from Calling it Home began this challenge some years ago where she invites 20 interior design bloggers to transform a room in 6 weeks and report about their progress every Wednesday and today is the 6th week in this season, aka reveal day.  I have participated in the One Room Challenge a few times (as an invited participant for the family room and my closet,  and as a linker for my daughter's room and the mudroom ).  This time around I'm beyond excited because Christine Dovey, one of my all time favorite interior designers used one of my prints from my 'Everyday Faces' series for her project!!  She used it in her playroom and I can't wait to show you what it looks like. Take a look-


It is beyond exciting to know this piece hangs in Christine's spectacular home and in such a beautifully designed and whimsical space.  This specific piece is 30x40 and is the exact size I envisioned for my series.  My vision was to create large format playful pieces that would add an edge to more classical interiors.  These emoji lips is one of about 7 photographs in this series which I hope to share with you in the coming weeks.  I am currently printing and then will frame and style some of them so you get a sense for what they could look like in a room.  The whole process of coming up with the concept, using models and a make-up artist and renting a studio was so fun.  The creativity involved in all of it is what I love the most.  After weeks and weeks of preparation it is humbling to see it start taking shape.

This series explores the art of daily personal ornamentation in today's society as we get more and more used to seeing ourselves through filters (like snapchat) and other rose-colored lenses.  We are seeing more and more people wear faux eye lashes, hair extensions, tattoos are more and more prominent...piercings.....so what is next?  We are no longer just wearing make-up, what will we be wearing next to express ourselves?

If you are interested in this photo email me!! Or if you are curious about my other photos (they involve, flowers, stars, gems...) let me know I would be happy to share these with you. And I hope I will have more to share with you soon.


[All photos via Christine Dovey]


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Albertina, This is so exciting!! I would love more info!!
    xosissy

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe